The Transportation Technical Committee (TTC) evaluates the technical accuracy and viability of proposed plans and provides expert advice to the MetroPlan Orlando Board. The committee is composed of technical staff, primarily engineers and planners, from various local governments and transportation operating agencies.
There are several standing TTC subcommittees:
- Land Use Subcommittee: This group, made up of land use planners from the three-county area, meets to discuss how changes in land use development can benefit the transportation system.
- Long Range Transportation Plan Subcommittee: MetroPlan Orlando updates the region's 20-year plan every few years. This group meets frequently during the long range plan update process to develop the technical aspects of the plan.
- Management and Operations Subcommittee: This group identifies and recommends relatively low-cost improvements to make the most out of the existing transportation system. In addition, the subcommittee establishes measures to help reduce congestion and improve air quality in Central Florida.
- Plans and Programs Subcommittee: This group meets periodically to discuss updates to MetroPlan Orlando's plans, including the Transportation Improvement Program, Unified Planning Work Program, and Prioritized Project List.
- Freight Advisory Council: This group guides the development of MetroPlan Orlando's Freight, Goods & Services Mobility Strategy Plan. This plan is currently being updated to establish new strategies, policies, and projects that improve freight movement in Central Florida.
Meeting Time and Location
TTC meets monthly on the fourth Friday of the month at 10:00 a.m. at the MetroPlan Orlando office (315 E. Robinson Street, Suite 355, Orlando, FL 32801). All meetings are open to the public and include sections for public comment.
If any person needs special accommodations due to disability or language to participate in a MetroPlan Orlando meeting or event, he or she should contact the organization at 407-481-5672 no later than three business days prior to the event.
For more information about the committee, contact Lena Tolliver at (407) 481-5672 x307.
The document below contains bylaws that govern the committee. This includes information on committee structure and member requirements.
Apr 20, 2011 • 80Kb